The Revolution (Relaunch) is interested in flash literary/historical commentary, flash literary journalism, flash creative nonfiction and flash memoir, and well-crafted poetry. If you’re inspired to produce creative and timely, first-person social-justice oriented writing about the current state of affairs regarding women and reproductive rights, indigenous rights and land rights, the LatinX community and the border, immigrant and migrant rights, Black Lives Matter, LGBTQ rights, and disability rights, then we’d love the opportunity to read your work.
In order to ensure diversity of voice in every issue, and due to the restrictions of the format in which we publish, all prose submissions should adhere to flash guidelines, i.e. under 750 words.
- Submit no more than one piece of prose (under 750 words) in any genre
- Submit no more than three poems (3 pages total)
- Submit up to 3 pieces of visual art
- Please identify the genre of your submission in the subject line
- Please accompany your submission with a bio of no more than 100 words
Send your submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org before July 1st, 2019 to be considered for the preview issue, which will feature writing that intersects with the writings and activism of Elizabeth Cady Stanton and Frederick Douglass.
First North American rights belong to The Revolution (Relaunch). All rights revert back to the author upon publication.